Tuesday, October 26

would you rather . . .


be without your phone
OR
your computer?


be surprised on your birthday
OR
have complete control of the day?


read a book that makes you think but leaves you slightly disturbed
OR
read a light book that you'll forget in a week?


live in a great house in a not-so-great neighborhood
OR
a not-so-great house in a great neighborhood?



know exactly when you're going to die
OR
not?

hair is coming, slowly but surely. 


you must pick one or the other, not both.

it has been a while since i've done anything like this and i saw it on wonder woman's blog, so i thought i'd make a post about it instead of an insanely long comment.

first, i'd go without my phone before my computer. my phone is pretty crappy, that's why. i was once told that homeless people have better phones than i do. there is always skype or something like that on the computer anyway. if i had a camera phone i might be convinced to change my mind (yes, i know, i'm totally living in the stone age).

i think i'd have to go with complete control of the day. surprises are nice . . . who am i kidding, surprises aren't usually nice for me. they make me anxious and stressed out and i don't want that on my birthday. little surprises are nice - unexpected flowers, etc. big surprises, i'm not sure if they're worth the stress attached to them (even if it is good stress, i'm really not able to handle it so well).

i'd pick the thinking girl's book. i like the occasional quick, painless read, but these days it's hard to find time to sit and read (without falling asleep) so i'd rather go with something i really want on my mind, even if there are some parts that are disturbing.

i think i'd take the neighborhood over the house. especially around these parts. what does it matter if your house is nice if you don't feel safe inside it?

and i would never want to know exactly when i'm going to die. i'm not sure why anyone would. i might want to know what the general time frame was, though, so maybe i could get things in order? eh. if it's anything like waiting for a baby to be born i think i'd just be paralyzed, waiting for my time to come.

so there you have it. what about you?

6 comments:

Saimi said...

Without phone. Surprised.
Book that makes me think. great neighborhood. I don't want to know when I'm gonna die.

Pretty soon that girl will be wearing bows!

Wonder Woman said...

I'm glad you did this! It's a fun little exercise. I'd rather be without my computer because I recently was without my phone and felt stranded. Not everyone I needed to talk to was available online and I hated feeling so disconnected.

I am *never* surprised (in the slightest) on my birthday anymore, so I chose surprised. My husband doesn't like surprises, so he doesn't plan them for me. It's okay. I've adjusted my expectations.

I'm the same as you on the others.

Scaliwag said...

Ellie is going to have noah's eyebrows. :)
hahaha she's so beautiful.

Just SO said...

Definitely without the phone, I'm not a big phone person.

Surprised, I like surprises.

A great neighborhood...which is where we are now.

I don't want to know when I'm going to die.

Paula Elizabeth Fowler said...

I used my computer every day.
Good neighborhood.
Thoughtful book.
I think I might like to know when my time was up. I think I would try to make as big a difference as I could with the time I had left. I would not leave anything that needed to be said, unsaid. I'm actually already starting to try to live that way, not b/c I think I'm going to die. I just am aware of wanting to not waste time.

Anonymous said...

woah ellie looks just like you did in your baby pictures in that last one.