Monday, February 1

Picture of the Day: The Wonderful Baby Shower.

I saw this challenge (in response to this challenge) and thought I might as well accept.
Post a picture that describes my life right now.
I'm not normally one to "take on challenges" or that kind of thing, but this one was so easy. It did, however, take me all weekend to post it because I was busy trying to organize a mountain of baby items.

Here it is, my life:



Saturday I had an absolutely lovely baby shower. This picture of a heap of pink tissue and gorgeous baby things says a lot but you might not be able to see it.

It shows how amazing people can be. I admit that moving here has been more difficult than I thought it would be. More often than not, I have been awkward, sulky, shy, standoffish and/or reclusive. However, there have still been so many people who are willing to be supportive of and excited for our little family. I am so undeserving of all of the love and care that we receive - much less the beautiful party and gifts!

It also shows how quickly my life has changed/is changing. A few months ago, I had never really stepped foot in the baby section of any store. I didn't even know most of these newfangled baby contraptions existed. Travel systems? Diaper genies? Huh?
Any day now, there will be a new little person. She's going to wear all of those tiny outfits and poop in all those diapers and splash around with all those bath toys. I couldn't be more thrilled! Well, to be perfectly honest, I couldn't feel a wider array of emotions than I'm feeling right now.

It also reminds me how much work I still have to do before this baby comes. Where is all of her stuff going to live?! I'm ready for her, but I don't think I'm ready for her things.

This picture also describes my life right now:



My mother-in-law suggested we take the leftover baby shower cake to stake conference and try give it away. At the time, I thought "I can finish that off." I have been working 'round the clock on it. Eventually, I might have to give up on the the actual cake part. I'll just resort to my five-year-old self and eat all the icing with my fingers. Mmmmmmm. Are mommies allowed to do things like that?

6 comments:

Just SO said...

Oh how I wish I could have been there at that baby shower to shower you and your little girl with hugs kisses and gifts....oh and having a piece of that cake would have just been a bonus! (and yes I do eat the frosting with my fingers)

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

Hey! I'm so glad you did the challenge! Loved your picture and you are most certainly allowed to eat just the frosting. (that's my favorite part too)
Congrats on your soon-to-be arrival!! I know this might sounds strange, seeing that I already have four *little* kids, but I am SOO newborn baby hungry. I love that stage!!
Good luck with everything!!

~Serene

Madalyn said...

Yes you can eat the frosting with your fingers! I'm not a frosting lover but I imagine that if I were I would not want anyone stopping me from eating what I want, especially when I'm prego :)
Another bit of information.... DON'T wait to get her room and things put away and in place. The day I went into labor we were just getting around to painting the crib and the day Drake came home from the hospital we had to unwrap his bedding, wash it, and then acually make the crib that had been set out to dry while we were in the hospital. I delivered 3 weeks early and your little one could come ANY day. It is not fun to clean and organize the new little room the first week home from the hospital.
That being said... lol.... good luck, again!

Aloha_Misty said...

ohhh that was sweet! I am so happy you enjoyed the shower. I hope you don't mind I looked you up :) I just want to see a picture of your baby when she comes :) If she is a he...let me know...I have a baby boy who will be twelve months on 16th.

Amber said...

Ooh, can I come over and eat some cake! That looks absolutely delicious!

Scaliwag said...

UHHHHH
that cake looks so gooood.