Saturday, April 10

morning girl.


my baby is a night owl. she wakes up every two or three hours in the night. sometimes i have to hold her pacifier in her mouth for forty-five minutes until she falls asleep. sometimes i can't get her back to sleep until half-an-hour before she'll wake up again, hungry. sometimes she just moans and grunts in her sleep so loudly that i can't sleep. finally, sometime around seven a.m., she falls into a deep sleep. she'll wake up for breakfast and then take a long morning nap in her swing. by that time, i have so many things to do that i can't really take a nap anymore.

i've been called a night owl, but i think i'm also a morning person. i mean, i worked a job that started at 6:30 in the morning for three years, right? i didn't go to work groggy, either. when i'm up, i'm at'em ... that is, if there is a reason i should be awake. if i have to wake up early for no reason (e.g. when my husband is bored and wants me to entertain him at seven a.m. on a saturday), i'm a grouch.

this morning i gave up on trying to sleep with her through that sunrise time. i got up when the husband left for work at 5:30 and i've been housekeeping while she sleeps. i opened all the curtains to let the sun come in.

this is what some of we miss out on when we're sleeping in:




you know how, in civil war movies, there is always a mist over the battlefield while they sort through the bodies the next morning? that's what happens here. one day, when the sun is rising (or setting) i'll make it out to the big field behind the house and get some pictures.

also, there is wisteria in bloom all over the place.

i wish i could take photographs by blinking a certain way to capture what i see.
sometimes the moment is just gone too fast.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, I love misty fields.

Saimi said...

Wow, those pictures are breath taking! Obviously, I miss out on alot. I too am a night owl and the morning sun is already hard at work before I am.....

Just SO said...

I totally understand the wanting to take the picture as you blink and I love misty fields. I hope she starts getting some more sleep so you can get some more sleep.

G. said...

sometimes i really miss those mornings. when you get the best parking spot at the whole resort and mt timp is seriously glowing. but look at me now, i refuse to even register for 9 am classes and stumble into the happy sumo at 10 every morning.
waking up with the sun carries some sort of secret with it, some sort of secret productivity that somehow makes you superior to all those other lazy asses. i always try and wake up and feel that again, but the snooze button is just to big and i don't have 4 varieties of coffee waiting to be brewed.
maybe i should have a baby...

Madalyn said...

I love those pictures. And I hope she starts sleeping on a better schedule for you soon.

Rob & Kristi Nelson said...

ugh! I remember when Russell slept like that! I must be nutts to want to do it again. lol! I have no advice to help you. I tried everything and nothing seemed to work. Than one day he start sleeping through the night! I and I don't know why.

Your baby is so dange cute! and I wish I could come talk a walk throught your old battle feild. It sounds like so much fun.