Thursday, November 26

Thanks.



The Pilgrims and the Indians
had a pow-wow a long time ago.
The Pilgrims and the Indians
felt like havin' a party and so . . .
The Pilgrims and the Indians
cooked some turkey and Indian corn,
sat down and ate together
and that is how Thanksgiving was born!

(I tried to get Judge to wear those hats but whenever I put them on his head he would try to look up at them, so they'd fall off. He's really no fun to dress up. Oh well. Next year I'll have a little girl and we'll dress up all day long.)


Today I'm thankful for my dog friend, even if he won't wear hats. He's a great cuddler and always makes me smile.

I'm thankful for my sweet baby-to-be. I can't wait to see her and hold her and kiss her and play all day.

I'm thankful for my family near and far and my wonderful friends. I wish for teleportation or some other way to see everyone I love whenever I want.

I'm most, most thankful for my husband and everything he does to make my life so great. I have the best one out there and I wouldn't trade him for anything.

I'm pretty much just thankful for all of it.


Anyway, enough with that mushy stuff. I'm ready to eat and I have two bellies to fill!



Oh, here's the best picture I could get of Judge in a hat:



2 comments:

Just SO said...

I'm thankful for a niece who admits to trying to put pilgrim and indian hats on her dog.

And wouldn't teleportation be the best invention EVER?

Madalyn said...

Those hats are great!