Thursday, December 18

it's beginning to look a lot like christmas!

actually, it's looking like late september.
it's seventy-two degrees outside right now!
we have the back door open so judge can roam in and out as he pleases.
it's overcast and looking to rain, that's why it is so warm and humid.
i mean, it's downright balmy! too bad we're not closer to the beach.

i'm used to sliding my car down a snowy mountain to get around.
i'm not used to crunching the leaves in december.
it's so odd! i like it, though. it's different, but i like it.
i'm putting a lot more of the layering items in my closet to use and my boots aren't ruined from salt in the parking lot. so it's good for my wardrobe, i guess.

i keep doing holiday sorts of things to feel like it's christmas time:
making cookies, putting on music, turning off the radio in the car so i can sing carols at the top of my lungs, looking at the holiday issues of home decor magazines, keeping the lights on the tree on all the time, making holiday cards, etc, etc.

judge just brought me a frisbee, so it looks like i better head outside into the heat.
that's not christmasy at all.
weird.

1 comment:

Just SO said...

We missed you at the party last night.

I think I would be weirded out by 70's in December but I can't say that I would complain. Unless it was happening here in Utah. Then I'd be scared.