Sunday, September 13

One pound.


It's official - I had an appointment on Wednesday and I really did gain one pound. So why is my stomach so huge? I went with my mother-in-law (Momma) and finally got some maternity jeans . . . in a size smaller than I usually wear. Is that normal? Is it just that they are made out of stretchy material, or do they want us pregnant ladies to feel good about getting so gigantic? Either way, at least my thighs feel skinny (whether it's a trick or not).

Other doctor updates: the baby has a fantastic heartbeat and we're having our anatomy ultrasound on the 30th - I'll be exactly five months on the first of October. I'm already telling this baby to cooperate. We want to start getting adorable gender-appropriate clothing! We've also got to start talking business with names. For some reason I have a really hard time talking about baby names when it could be either Harold or Harriet (neither of which I'm actually considering). On the last day of this month I will be in the waiting room, absolutely full to the brim with liquid so this baby's whatevers can be confirmed.


(This is my belly dance in the maternity shirt my sister sent me in the mail.)


If dreams have their way, it's a boy. Husband has dreamed twice about playing with a little boy, but it might just be that he's dreaming about what he wants. Momma had a dream about a boy, too. In my dream I was holding a baby boy but there was a little girl standing next to me - so what does that mean?

Lately I've been craving ice cream. I know that isn't weird for most women, but normally I'd choose cookies, cake, brownies . . . basically any sweet treat over ice cream. When I go to get groceries now, I can only think about what different kinds of ice cream I want. Good thing they've started making those tiny little ice creams that are only a dollar or so. It's just about right for me. I don't just want ice cream. I want all the ice cream - every flavor. I did get Ben and Jerry's "Everything But The . . ." flavor and it helped (it has vanilla and chocolate ice cream with Heath bar, white chocolate, peanut butter cups and chocolate covered almonds . . . so every flavor to satisfy a craver).




Well, it helped for breakfast and then I wanted Cookies 'n Cream for lunch.
(And Mint Chocolate Chip for dinner.)


Speaking of which, I have an addition to my list.


Utah Foods I'm Craving:


Taco Amigo's Tostadas and Fries
Purple Turtle Shakes
Osaka's Potstickers, Miso Soup, Sukiyaki (okay, everything they serve)
Arctic Circle's Chicken Fingers
Del Taco's Fish Tacos and Giant Cherry Cokes
Nicolitalia's Pizza
Drinks from Hart's (gas stations out here are for beer and lotto tickets)
One of those great smoothies at Los Hermanos
Etc, Etc, ETC.
and latest addition, BYU Creamery's Graham Canyon Ice Cream.



PS - I just found almost half of a Heath bar in my Everything Ice Cream. OH. YES.

3 comments:

HAPPY DAYS said...

your so cute u look so good it takes alittle time to gain weight but you will you'll be a great mom lol love lots alaina summerill.

Nick and Emily said...

yeah!!! you're gonna have a baby. I love it. Every time i look at you page and I'm reminded that you are pregnant i get more and more excited about this sweet little angel. This is awesome. I think your belly looks great and no worries about the weight. I lost 10 pounds when i first got pregnant and I was freaking out. but no worries. Apparently women just do that. So you're good. and could i leave a longer monologue? probably not. ha ha. LOVE IT. well I'm excited for the babes. Keep us informed.

Scaliwag said...

OH!
my big sister is so BIG!
i love it. i wish i could be there to go shopping for prego clothing!
YOU KNOW WHAT WE SHOULD DO!?
we should design pretty dresses just for pregnant women! hahaha
and we should design other dresses together i do agree! i love you sweets.