Tuesday, September 29

Day Trip.


On Monday the husband and I drove to Tallulah Gorge, which is just a couple of hours away. We've gone there once before, but it was a terribly foggy day and I couldn't see anything but clouds and mist. Oh, yeah, I should mention that we finally have some nice weather this week!

It's sunny and a little bit chilly and breezy, so pretty much it is perfect autumn weather.

Anyway, here are some pictures. I tried to get a few from the car of our "mountains" in the distance. Don't make fun, I know they're nothing compared to what most of you are used to seeing (plus it is really hard to get pictures through the dense forest that is almost constantly surrounding us).





At the gorge there's a lookout area with a cute little tourist shop. We got some bottled RC Cola and Cheerwine and, of course, rock candy (I can't say no to that stuff). I took some pictures of the kooky stuff and wanted to buy all sorts of trinkets. I only got one, but I think I'll be back for more.


We saw a lot of retired folks driving RVs and sightseeing. Husband asked if being retired meant he had to drive me around all the time while I asked him annoying questions all day. (It's a fair accusation, I do ask him all sorts of questions when we go for drives - example: "What would it be like to have OnStar?")
I said I hoped that being retired was exactly like that.

1 comment:

Madalyn said...

I love all your little trips! I wish CJ and I would start doing more things like that. You guys will have some fun memories to share!