Tuesday, September 22

"Homemade" Oreos


Just finished making these yummies - it only took a few minutes!

Check it out:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

Mix

1 box Devil's Food cake mix (18 oz),
1 egg,
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened,
and
2 tbsp water

until all ingredients are mixed well and form a firm dough.

Roll into 2 inch balls and flatten on ungreased cookie sheet (and I love to use parchment paper). Make sure the cookies are somewhat equal in size, since you're pairing them up later and you don't want skiwampus* cookies.

Bake in preheated oven for 10 - 12 minutes, or until done. The recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies, or 18 oreos.

Let cool on wire racks or on parchment paper (they cool really quickly!).

Now the best part!

Match up the cookies in pairs according to size and spread frosting between them. What kind of frosting? If you're like me, you'd definitely use cream cheese frosting. But, if you're also like me and you have a husband that hates cream cheese, you'll use whipped vanilla frosting. It could be mint, it could be cherry - whatever gets you going. It would probably be great with that marshmallow topping stuff, too. MMMMMM.




In other news, an Indian woman predicted the gender of my baby today.
She said, "Oh, the baby!"
and I said, "Yeah . . ."
and she said, "A boy."
(and I thought she was asking, so . . .)
I said, "Oh, I don't know yet."
and she said, "No, it's a boy. In my country we don't get to find out early, so we're really good at guessing. When a woman glows as much as you are, she is having a boy. I know."

We'll find out if she's right in one week (I have a feeling she might be).

Or we both could be wrong.
Or there could be a secret twin and we have both a boy and girl.





* Skiwampus - the word my mom always uses to describe things that are not aligned right.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yummm!!! those homemade oreos make me wish you weren't 16 trillion miles away so you could make me one!!

Just SO said...

Yum!!!

And I can't wait to see if that lady is right or not. Not because I want you to have a boy I just want to know what you are having!

Scaliwag said...

awe yum!
i'm so going to use this recipe one sunday.
oh and about your indian prediction.
i think it's going to be a boy too.
and mom says that nelly on little house and the prarie had twins one was a boy and one was a girl so i could happen. ;D

Anonymous said...

oh Bradie...that picture of mine must be an illusion! because I am getting pretty darn big...trust me! but I hope that lady is right! because that will mean that I'm right! (i think its a boy too) anywho, i hope you are doing good, i wish you were closer, we could have preggo dates! xoxo

Unknown said...

I am so going to try those cookies. They look so good. I wonder if that lady is right... that would be su awesome.

Unknown said...

Yes, we live in North Carolina. I love the greenness,and the spookiness and the rain. I'm trying to convince Taylor to let us live out here forever.

HAPPY DAYS said...

is ur tummy is low ur having a boy if ur tummy is high ur having a girl lol