Tuesday, May 19

you are looking at the face . . .

of a working girl.

I mean, I was working before, in the mall - but only part-time.
You see, I went from working my butt off for 50 hours a week to helping people choose outfits for less than 10 hours a week. Talk about a slump!

Not anymore! I am, once again, a deli girl. I'm going to do what I do best - sweat and slave for the sake of sandwiches. I just got hired at Schlotzsky's. It's pretty similar to what I was doing before we moved and I'm glad. I like the fast-paced work and I like making good food for people. I just wish that my first few weeks were over already. I hate the awkward newness and not knowing anything. It's hard for me to feel useless. I can't wait to just get going already.

Don't worry, I'm not leaving the mall entirely. I'm going to stick around and pick up shifts. Now that I have another job I can actually afford to use my discount. Woo hoo, right?!




2 comments:

Nick and Emily said...

you just crack me up. every time i read your blog i leave laughing. i love the way you write and i'm very glad you are doing what you love again. congrats on the new job, little miss working girl.

Just SO said...

I LOVE Schlotzsky's and the one close by here closed *sniff*

Congrats on the new job! I'm sure you'll get into the swing of things in no time.