Tuesday, October 6

Do I look ten pounds heavier?




Did I mention that I gained ten pounds between doctor visits? That's right. I gained one pound in a one month then ten pounds in three weeks. Well, they think I gained ten pounds. (I did get the nurse to say that it was only nine pounds just by the look of shock on my face.) I think some of that weight was the gallon of water I chugged before my ultrasound because I was so afraid they wouldn't be able to see her little parts. Anyway, I got a little lecture about not gaining that much every time and all of that. It's a good thing I've stopped craving cheese and ice cream. I'm craving FISH.

I'm not normally a big fish eater. I love it at restaurants but it isn't usually something I buy to make at home. Now I have a cupboard full of tuna and some fish sticks in my freezer. No, I'm not constantly eating fish - I know about all that mercury stuff. However, a recent study shows that pregnant women who ate more than two or three servings of fish a week actually have smarter kids. Women who eat no seafood were 48% more likely to have children with low verbal IQ scores. I guess my little girl just wants all those omega-3 fatty acids. I think I have a baby that wants to be a genius!

PS - I am going on a search for the perfect rainboots. That's right! We actually need those things out here.

5 comments:

Just SO said...

You are going to have a little smarty on your hands with all those omega-3's!

I think rain boots are adorable. Can't wait to see what you find.

Tom and Juli said...

I wouldn't worry about the weight thing. My weight fluctuates so much throughout the day so it would always change depending on what time my appointment was. If it was after lunch it would appear that I gained more weight than I actually did.

Yay! I love fish. We eat plenty of it in our home. I'm glad it makes for smart kids.

Sunnydays Photography said...

you crack me up. i kove it- i love your 10 pounds... yea I ate fish as well (just not shrimp or sushi) and the belly creature enjoyed it. :) hope you're feeling good- can't wait to see nursery updates... i know, you can look now and execute!! Yay for GIRLS!

Nick and Emily said...

a couple years ago i bought an awesome pair at costco. you could see if they still offer those, they may even have it online.

and good luck with miss smarty pants there. glad you're taking care of yourself. i always think it's a good thing to gain weight. so congrats. ha ha.

Anonymous said...

yes you do look heavier! haha but only in a good way... because you baby is growing! yay!